Patch management is the process of installing (and managing) the latest patches - code changes which improve the system or fix security vulnerabilities — on various systems within a network. Tasks like deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems, ensuring these patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation, all fall under patch management. The objective of patch management is to keep various systems in a network up-to-date and secure against various kinds of hacking and malware.
Why is it important?
While most large enterprises have fully automated the patch management process, many still struggle to prioritize patches. Small enterprises are typically only patching critical software vulnerabilities, leaving them exposed to data breaches and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. No matter the enterprise size, even fully automated patch management software requires trained personnel with the expertise to configure and maintain the product and process.
You cannot help others until you help yourself and this speaks to Enterprise IT as well. Enterprise Patch Management at US Cloud frees up IT to innovate and speed up the digital transformation process. Failure to evolve or move too slowly puts the organization at risk to disruption, losing market share or worse.
• Inventory all hardware and software connected to your network so that you can manage and secure your entire IT environment.
• Block dangerous or unnecessary software and devices, and painlessly patch mission-critical applications and operating systems.
• Gain visibility to software usage so you can better allocate resources and assure software license compliance.
• Improve the end-user experience with an integrated service desk, as well as a user self-service portal.
• Simplify design and management of IT processes and approval workflows with the process template wizard.
Office No. 8, Ground Floor, Building No. 219, Al Emadi Business Center Street No. 230, Najma Street, Zone# 41